How does the Internet works Explain – Aditya Gyan

How does the Internet works Explain

These days, a lot of people use the internet but don’t know how it actually works, so let’s find out. Nowadays, 99% of people around the world use the internet and apps like Google, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat, which we use, and every minute, hundreds of thousands of GB of internet are used. The Internet is connected through servers and optical fiber cables that supply us with data every day, allowing us to use the Internet anywhere at any time, 24/7.

What is the Internet

The internet is being used all over the world today, so let’s learn about the internet. It’s being used in every household and has become a part of our lives. Without it, many tasks can’t be done, and the internet is being used every second. The Internet works by connecting two or more computers together, and for the Internet, there is a server room where all the information is stored, and it works 24 hours a day.

How does the Internet works Explain
What is the Internet?

History of Internet

The history of the internet goes back to a time when there was no internet. People used to rely on telephones for communication, and sending messages took a long time. That’s why the USA created the internet for the first time in the 1960s, developed by Tim Berners-Lee. It was a unique research project. To further this, the USA connected all their computers, and the Advanced Research Projects Agency was established, which worked under the Department of Defense.

How does the Internet work

Let’s learn how the internet works today. Many people are using the internet, but they don’t know how it functions. Google, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and other apps we use all run through the internet, consuming millions of GB of data every minute. Around 99% of the world’s internet operates through cables, and the remaining 1% reaches us through various means. These servers are connected via optical cables that bring the internet to us, allowing us to use it.

Must Read: Impact of social media on society

Types of Internet connection

1. Dial-up connection is a part of internet access that connects you to your ISP. It can’t be used simultaneously with the telephone as it uses a modem, and it’s known for being a slower and cheaper option. The computer is connected to the telephone, which is why it’s called a dial-up connection.

2. ISDN Connection’s full name is Integrated Services Digital Network. It’s more expensive than dial-up and offers faster speeds, performing much better.

3. Mobile connection is essential as phones can’t function without the internet. But now with internet access, phones work very efficiently, offer high-speed internet, and allow us to do many tasks quickly.

4. Cable connection is used in various applications, but when used for TV, and in areas where many people are using the internet, it can cause problems with internet speed, which can be quite slow.

5. Wireless connection doesn’t require any cable connections; it needs a router for Wi-Fi connection and is always on.

6. A USB modem connection doesn’t use cables; instead, it connects through a USB device and is activated by connecting a SIM card from companies like Vodafone, Airtel, Jio, Idea, etc., to the computer.

types of internet
Types of Internet connection
Advantages & Disadvantages of Internet

 1. Advantages – The internet provides us with many things and has numerous benefits. Nowadays, with the internet, we can learn about everything from the comfort of our homes. It offers us the opportunity to learn various things and even study online. If we want to do online shopping, it’s very convenient with the internet. Whether we need to travel or book tickets, we can do it all through the Internet, which is available to us 24/7.

2. Disadvantage – While the internet has its advantages, it also poses problems. If we spend all day using the internet, we waste our time because we have many other tasks to do. Constant internet use can prevent us from completing our work, and it can also harm our health, leading to weaker eyesight. It’s not good for our health at all. Some people can also misuse the internet to harm others by posting inappropriate videos and photos. That’s why we should use the internet only when necessary.

Conclusion of Internet

The internet is one of the best gifts given by science. No matter where someone is, they can learn anything using the internet. We can send messages, make calls, and send emails through the Internet. We can do anything online from anywhere. People get a lot of help from the internet, and its use is rapidly increasing all over the world. Everyone benefits from it, as we can quickly find out what’s happening around us. It’s greatly helpful to people.09:48 PM


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *